Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS)
TransitionTN -TransitionTN is a partnership among the Tennessee Department of Education, Tennessee Department of Human Services, Vanderbilt University, and the Vanderbilt Kennedy UCEDD. The courses below are free, but will require you to register and create an account before you begin.
- An Overview of WIOA and Pre-ETS - This course will provide an overview of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA) and best practices. Learn how the WIOA legislation changed the landscape of transition services.
- The Power of Early Work Experiences - This course will help you learn the importance of early work experiences for students with disabilities' employment outcomes.
- Instruction in Self-advocacy - This course will help you learn to help students speak up for themselves and communicate their needs to others. This course will provide an overview of how to integrate self-advocacy into daily living experiences.
- Connecting with Employers and Families - This course will provide you with strategies for engaging families and employers in meaningful ways to improve the delivery of Pre-ETS. This course will also address how to collaborate effectively with these stakeholders.
- Developing Strong Partnerships - This course will provide guidance on how to develop strong partnership in Pre-ETS.
- Work-based Learning - This course will provide guidance on how to develop and support students participating in Work-based learning experiences.